Last updated Dec 15th, 2020.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
• Mandatory use of masks by customers and employees; customers who do not have their own mask will be offered a mask prior to entry.
• Hand sanitizer upon entry; employees to wash hands or reapply hand sanitizer after helping customers, handling cash, etc.
• Maximum of 10 customers in the store at any time; customers will be asked to line up outside if capacity has been reached.
• Customers/Employees to maintain a 2m physical distance wherever possible.
o Physical distancing markers on floor inside and outside.
o Plexiglass barriers installed at the till.
• In-store cleaning/disinfecting protocols firmly established; these are completed (and initialed) at key times during each shift of work: 12pm, 3pm and 6pm.
• Cash payments are discouraged; customers to pay by card/tap wherever possible. (Employees to sanitize hands after handling cash.)
• Break/Staff room to be occupied by only 1 employee at a time.
• Shipping receivables to be delivered to store entrance whenever possible. Outgoing parcels to be placed outside for collection by couriers.
• Daily health screening of employees.
o Employees who have experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 10 days must notify a manager and self-isolate at home. Staff encouraged to use the BC Covid-19 Self Assessment Tool to help determine next steps required: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
o Health check completed by all employees remotely before arrival at work; manager will automatically be notified if any employee fails the screening process.
o Each employee will have their temperature checked and recorded upon arrival for their shift of work.
o Employees who develop symptoms of Covid-19 during a shift will be sent home immediately; manager to be notified. Staff encouraged to use the BC Covid-19 Self Assessment Tool to help determine next steps required: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en